Saturday, January 20, 2007

Doldrums

We've finally gotten our first real snowfall for the winter; it came earlier in the week. We're expecting more tomorrow, roughly around an inch. Although I'm glad it's here, I still feel cheated: I wanted snow for Christmas and it never came. It isn't until deep with the depths of winter we get our snow at last. I can't help but feel cheated.

Unlike last winter, we've had much more sunshine this year, which has helped my SAD (seasonal affective disorder) quite a bit. It's not a cure though. I still feel stuck in the doldrums, down and depressed for reasons unknown.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older.

Maybe it's because I'm looking forward to so much this year that this month, and this cold winter darkness, feels unbearable.

I wish I knew.

I'm also feeling rather nostalgic, for reasons unknown. I've got an old '80s song running through my head (it's been going through my head for the past couple of weeks). It's called "Captain Of Her Heart" and it was performed by a group called Double. Describing it would not do it justice, so here it is, for all to hear. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



DEITY OF THE DAY
Featured today:
>> View article
www.godchecker.com