Saturday, January 13, 2007

All (Black) Thumbs

One of my basil plants is dead.

It died a few days ago. I had been raising it from a seed. And it had been doing so well, too.

When I lost one of my previous plants, I was frantically trying to do everything in my power to save it. I repotted it, gave it fertilizer, watered it regularly and put it out in the noonday sun. Nothing helped. So when my basil seedling began to droop, I simply watered it, fed it, gave it some light and waited.

This time I was a bit less sympathetic. I gave it two days to turn around. It didn't.

So, I pulled the seedling from the soil and tossed into the front yard, a death sentence, considering the time of year. But I had no time to waste on what would be futile efforts; it had a healthy sibling that needed tending.

The sibling seems to be doing well. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

I'm just not cut out to raise plants, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



DEITY OF THE DAY
Featured today:
>> View article
www.godchecker.com